How Fetus/Foetus Day Concept started
In 2010, on 31st October, Dr.D'Pankar Banerji, An obstetrician and gynecologist and Director: Ideal Fertility IVF and Genetic Center Private limited, Jabalpur, MP India, started a novel concept of "Fetus Day".
It was first time in whole world, that some one thought about this person, yet to appear on this earth: The Fetus/ The Foetus
There are may dates of the year dedicated to various persons, like Mother, Father, Valentine etc. but there were no date still given to this person.
We were the first to think about him/her, and did a small Continuing medical education program in Fetal Medicine in 2010 with local obstetrician, radiologists and paediatricians.
Our Aim were
- 1. To generate an awareness in Fetal Medicine and Prenatal Genetics in our community and fellow physicians.
- 2. To prevent various genetic disorders in Obstetric population, by Genetic Counselling and Genetic tests.
- 3. Do Interventional sonography for various prenatal procedures.
- 4. Collaborate various Genetic Laboratories of India for better service.
- 5. Continue with the obtaining and spreading the knowledge in the field of Fetal Medicine and Genetics by interacting with the stalwarts in this field.
- 6. Try to eradicate various genetic disorders like, beta-thalassemia, sickle cell anemia, DMD etc by genetic counselling and prenatal diagnostic tests.
- 7. Develop a program to screen early pregnancy for various aneuploidies .
- 8. Learning and spreading the knowledge in the field of Obstetric Sonogrpahy Fetal Medcine and Genetics.